HAVING YOUR BABY AT..
Piedmont Newton Hospital Labor and Delivery is dedicated to making the entire birth process everything you want it to be. From our series of educational classes created for parents-to-be…to the comfort of our private labor & delivery suites, we want your time here to be filled with wonderful memories! The Labor and Delivery unit is designed to make childbirth a beautiful experience for the entire family. Our private suites are equipped with the latest in medical technology and all the comforts of home. To make your experience uniquely yours, we offer the following options:
1. Dad or other support persons can be by your side during delivery.
2. Overnight accommodations are available in-suite for Dad.
3. Rooming-in for baby is encouraged.
4. Our staff of attentive nurses will provide you with helpful advice on caring for your new baby…including feeding, bathing, and when to call the doctor.
5. Our Lactation Center is available for mothers who desire to breastfeed.
SPECIAL CARE NURSERY
Specially trained doctors Neonatologist and Parentheses registered nurses and respiratory therapist to provide the comprehensive care that a high risk newborn needs in a specialized environment. Heading up the team of neonatologist is Dr. Lee Leigh who completed his residency and fellowship at Emory University School of Medicine joining Dr. Leigh at the special care nursery are Dr. Daniel Siskin M.D. and Ralanisamy Rajasekaran. M.D. All of the neonatologists are Board-Certified with the American Board of Pediatric, Neonatology and Perinatology.